We had a FOUR HOUR band rehearsal marathon last night, preparing for our big Easter premiere church service. And let me tell you, it rocked! I am so blown away by how much talent our little church has. We definitely have more than our fair share. I can't wait until Sunday to share all the amazing songs we're going to play!
I tend to get really wrapped up in whatever I'm doing, whether it's engineering a pressure protection system on a vessel or playing a really tricky keyboard part to a worship song. (Or designing a blog, haha). We're playing one song on Sunday that features a ton of piano, so of course I've been stressing about it. I've been practicing this song nonstop, singing this song in my head, dreaming this song, LIVING and BREATHING this song for the last week! When we practiced it last night, I found myself cringing every time I hit a wrong note. I got so frustrated each time I played it, because it wasn't up to the standard I had set for myself.
Clint, our pastor, said some really wise words to me last night that I just have to share. He told me that before I start playing a song, I should remind myself that the whole point of us being up on stage is to lead a group of people in worshipping God, and to have a blast doing it! I will hit wrong notes, and the perfectionist in me will cringe, but my heart has to be on bringing glory to God and not on being some star pianist (HA)! God wants our best, but He doesn't want us to lose sight of HIM in our efforts to give Him our best.
I hope that in whatever you're working at this week, you remember to praise God for the ability to do it, and thank Him for his grace in accepting our humble, imperfect gifts! Have a fabulous week!
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment