Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ok God, you're freaking me out...

A few months ago a friend of mine talked about "God Moments," instances in your life when you just know that God has been at work. I've had a few of these before, but never so many in such a short period of time. This is crazy, just crazy enough to be God...

Background: I woke up this morning in a complete tizzy about the pregnancy stuff, pretty much convinced that it's never going to happen and nearly inconsolable to poor Adam.

God Moment #1: I walk out of the bathroom to see my husband kneeling at our bedside reading from his Bible. I have never seen him do this. It was truly a beautiful sight and just melted my heart.

God Moment #2: I climb in the car to ride to work, check my phone, and see that I have an email from my friend Angela just checking up on me. Girl, how could you have known that that was just what I needed?

God Moment #3: A meeting I was dreading all morning went wonderfully. These two women I have a deep professional respect for both gave me huge compliments on some work I had been doing. It was totally out of the blue and really brightened my day.

God Moment #4: My new blog friend Dana and I email back and forth. Just finding someone who is walking this same journey is a God Moment in itself!

God Moment #5: I find out that Dana is a good friend of a girl I know at work named Tracy (small world!). I've been keeping my personal life a secret at work, but before I can ask her not to, Dana mentions my story to Tracy. I run into Tracy in the bathroom, and she tells me that she and her hubby are also trying for a baby! So now I've found another friend who's going through this!

Every time I've started to doubt God today, every time I've gotten down in the dumps, some small amazing thing happens to cheer me up and encourage me. So even though we still don't know what will happen, I can say with a straight face that today has been a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - I feel important to get a shoutout!!

    Also, tell Angela hello for me :). She is an amazing encourager - miss her tons!!

    ReplyDelete