Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Update on Life

It's been a shamefully long time since I've blogged, so here is a life update in bulleted form for shortness' sake!

Baby Stuff

  • IUI #2 is done (yay!), but unfortunately did not work. You know when you just have a feeling about the way something is going to turn out? I had a feeling about this one. It wasn't a big surprise, and we're actually not too beat up about it.
  • We are currently in an extended break (months? years?) from TTC (that's internet lingo for "trying to conceive"). I am ECSTATIC about this! I can't wait for life to be about something else for awhile!
  • The reason for this extended break is both a personal decision, and news from our RE. We went in to discuss the latest failed IUI, and based on my body's reaction to the procedures, his professional opinion was that IUI would never work for us. That leaves us with one big, scary, expensive option left in our baby-makin' toolkit: in-vitro fertilization. We will be prayerfully considering this over the coming months/years and definitely won't be rushing in to a decision. Whew, this is a big one.

Non-Baby Stuff

  • I think I might get back into running again. Another 10K, perhaps? I heard there's a 10-mile race in Houston; I might look that up. Excited about this!
  • I played bass for the WHOLE SET in Sunday worship this past weekend! Erin the rock star. I like the sound of that.
  • Adam competed in his first triathlon this weekend! I am ridiculously proud of him. Triathletes are totally hot.
  • All the experienced people are leaving my team at work. I am now the 2nd-most experienced person on the team, and I've only been here a year. Scary stuff. I've already started to feel the pressure, and I'm not sure I'm handling it with the most grace. I'll work on that.
  • IMPORTANT: Our friend's darling baby girl is in the hospital with an unknown blood pressure problem. Please pray for them.

Love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. God works in mysterious ways - so here's to continued hope!! I know that you guys will make the right decision after fully seeking God's plan.

    ReplyDelete